Spring is a time of new beginnings and growth, and with the changing of the seasons, your home needs to be updated and renovated to welcome what this time brings. Since the weather is so nice and warm after the cold winter months, why not get outside or open the windows to maintain and improve your home inside and out? Here are a few tips to get your Spring maintenance started this season:
- Make sure to examine your roof shingles for any damage or loose pieces from winter that may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Use a screwdriver to check and poke the wood trim around doors, decks, and windows so you can make any necessary repairs before the first Spring shower.
- Get your head into the gutter, properly clean these areas of any trash, leaves, or debris, and make sure your gutter is not loose or leaking.
- To avoid lawn flooding this Spring, use compacted soil to fill in any areas that may be low or hold water.
- Inspect any exposed concrete slabs for any cracks and fill them with cement or caulking if damage is present.
- Check any outside water hoses for freeze damage by turning the faucet on then placing your finger over the hose. If you can stop the flow of water completely, there is likely damage to one of your indoor pipes which will need to be repaired or replaced.
- Make sure that any of your electric or gas lawn equipment is ready for Springtime gardening by checking the blades, battery, or any other maintenance that needs to be take care of.
Complete this checklist to help your home look picture-perfect during this season.
March 14, 2017